Joy's COLUMN

Fire in our building 火事

There was a fire on the fourth floor of our apartment. We live on the fifth floor and, luckily, the fire was contained by the fire department before spreading to other apartments. But, it was scary because by the time we realized there was a fire, there was too much smoke coming up the staircase to leave the building. If the fire reached our floor, we were prepared to leave from the fire escape but luckily it didn't come to that. The fire was caused by an old electric cord and nobody was home to stop the fire before it spread. There are a lot of old buildings with old electric wires and gas leaks in New York which can be a fire hazard. But you never think it will happen to you until it does. I was quite shaken by the whole experience.

私の住んでいるビルの4階に火事がありました。私たちは5階に住んでいて、幸い火は他のアパートに回る前に消防士によって消されました。 しかし、階段の通路が煙でいっぱいになるまで火事に気付かなかったので階段から避難する事ができませんでした。 火の手が5階まで上って来たら外の非常階段を使うところでしたが、幸いその必要はありませんでした。 火事の火元は寝室の古い電線だったそうで、だれも家にいなかったそうです。ニューヨークには古い建物が多く、古い電線やガス漏れなどによる火災の危険性が高いところです。 しかし、自分に起きるまで他人事であまり意識しないものです。改めて火事の怖さをしりました。

Joy's COLUMN

Music CD トラック一覧

学校では教えてくれない英語

無料ワークシート

世界の伝統行事カレンダー

クリスマス特集

イースター特集

お知らせ

ヘルプ・ガイド

インフォメーション

カレンダー
  • 今日
  • 定休日

お問い合わせはTEL・FAX・MAILで受け付けております。お気軽にお問い合わせ下さい。
TEL 052-222-3510
(平日10:00~18:00)
FAX 052-222-3510
(24時間受付OK)
MAIL info@eigokidsichiba.com

ページトップへ